Yesterday i got a late start so didn't really eat breakfast.
Lunch- Sauteed some onions and pepper in some tomato sauce and put over two jumbo ricotta shells from Fresh and Easy.
Snack- A few blue corn tortilla with peach pinepapple salsa.
Today's breakfast has been 4 slices of bacon and 3 scrambled eggs. Now having a snack of coffee and a few lentil crisps. I have some yellow cherry tomatoes slow roasting in the oven that should be done in an hour to make a very small portion of fortified pasta. Tonight's dinner is planned to be chicken and wild rice creamy soup.
As for exercise I may to some squats and curtsy lunges later. My kneecaps REALLY don't like normal lunges so curtsy ones (which sound like they are), help.
Well here's my luck in a nutshell. I was invited to staff at Gencon under presumption airfare/hotel is paid for by con in return for staffing. Was informed by person who invited me later that they decided to be, and I quote, "money-grubbing whores" and all new staff has to "pay their dues" and pay for flight/hotel. And I do really want to go and in investigating airfare it's actually affordable. I've expressed to Mike to investigate it since well, if you ask me to go tough shit no takesy backsy! Lol. Anyway, I've decided since I'm moving soon anyway to sell my books online because I don't reread them anymore. Maybe some DVDs too. I'll be selling them on Half.com and when that's all set if any of you guys wanna buy anything PLEASE DO. (granted, 80% of my books are romance novels, but the GOOD SHIT, not Harleqeuin)
I figure if I'm ditching them I might as well get some money in the process.
I slacked off a bit because I had library books to finish. Read The Queen of Attolia and it is really good. Need to read its predecessor and then it's sequel.
Today's movie! The Descent.
This movie, which actually came out about three years ago, isn't your typical horror film we've been used to these days. It's dark (literally), claustrophobic (literally), and bloody (literally) fucking creepy. And I mean genuinely 'this shit will give you nightmares and make you NEVER EVER want to explore caves EVER' sort of creepy. It doesn't rely on overblown special effects or easily predictable slasher-style setups. When I first heard about it when it was coming out, I heard people regarding it very highly, calling it one of the best horrors in a long time. Okay, that sparked my interest as a horror movie fan who had been rather disappointed by the genre for most of this decade. And honestly I felt and still feel it lives up to the hype.
I haven't seen the sequel yet. I'm sort of..hesitant because the original really is perfect as a stand-alone.
I burned 130 mp3s, which I NUMBERED MYSELF IN ONE SITTING, onto CD as a data disc since my car cd players plays mp3 discs. I had things in a specific order. I go to play it in the car....it is NOT in order. I come home and pop it in the computer and check it under D-drive. It's IN order there.
So....why the hell are they playing out of order?!!
I burned it using Windows Vista. Clearly that might be where I went wrong. :*(
EDIT: Nevermind, apparently putting them in order in seperate FOLDERS then burning said folders in numbered ordered makes it play in order. WTF.
My eyes are on fire. This may have to do with the onions that were cooking in the kitchen. But they're so delicious caramelized. My parents leave next week for the Dominican Republic, and this is exciting because I will have the house to myself! Even though mom will call 100 times a day over the dog. I'm thinking of catching up on some shows on Demand. I wanted to start watching Rome, but my dad says it isn't available on Demand right now. BOO. Seriously. Showtime has all its series on demand. What the hell HBO? I want to watch my historical (ly inaccurate) shows!!
I've also decided I want to go to Annabel Lee Tavern when in Baltimore. I would like to try a Masque of the Red Death and the Raven.
1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies. 2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie. 3. Post them in a note for everyone to guess. 4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie. 5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDB search functions. That's cheating and it ruins the fun.
1. "Well I got news for you pal, you ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and shit, and Jack just left town."
2. "I'll cut your heart out with a spoon!!"
3. "Let's go get the shit kicked out of us by love!"
4."My story... it's exactly the same as your story, just one chapter behind. I chased a man across the Seven Seas. The pursuit cost me my crew, my commission, and my life."
5. "Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the surrey park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame. "
6. "You were young like you are now. You seemed just a little sad. I used to always wonder what you were thinking at that moment. I memorized every line, every curve. I came across time for you Sarah. I love you; I always have."
7. "O lord, he will hang upon him like a disease."
8. "The man I bought it from explained to me that, when a husband gives it to his wife, they become two halves of the same person. Nothing can separate them... not even death."
9. "Yeah? I'll tell you what. Until I get back my five thousand dollars, you're gonna get more than you bargained for. I'm your goddamn partner."
10. "You know how you're always trying to get back at your parents? Wouldn't I be excellent in that capacity?"
11. "Oh shit, we're going to get FUBARed."
12. "You happen to like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life."
13. "I have crossed oceans of time for you."
14. " We have just gotten a wake-up call from the Nintendo Generation."
15. "Go now!.. GO NOW AND LEAVE ME!"
16. "Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?"
17. " Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
18. " I'd be the worst possible Godfather. I'd probably drop her on her head at her christening. I'd forget all her birthdays until she was 18. Then I'd take her out and get her drunk. And, let's face it, quite possibly try and shag her. "
19. " I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave. "
20. "You know what I'd love for lunch? Fresh asparagus, then, um, pasta - angel hair pasta with heaps of basil, garlic, olive oil and, uh, apple pie. Uh, John, have you got a towel? "
So I don't like Thanksgiving and managed to somehow suffer a horrible headache all through dinner today to the point where I had to lay down in my aunt's "parlor" (ie the room that's basically for show and not use) while TRYING to nap my pain away but alas impossible under the harrowing straining din of Barry Manilow on television. It also doesn't help that my aunt is a shrill harpy of a woman who barked at everyone unpleasantly upon arrival. So after being held hostage for a few hours I'm home now with a lingering ache still but not as bad as earlier since the Tylenol I took at 3:00pm finally seems to be working and am pausing in Necropolis to go back to Six Wives of Henry VIII. That's the good thing about Nonfiction, you can totally do that. Though I do that with fiction books too. And I'm stupidly getting up at 5ish am to go to the mall tomorrow and meander away my gift cards but at least I'm being driven there. And then I shall come home and commence the "Great Napping" and then who the hell knows what tomorrow. It's only my birthday afterall. But I do get Outback on Saturday night! Since apparently I'm weird for never having been to one before Nekocon. Oh the faces I got over that!
And also most likely and probably going to Katsucon because I have nothing better to do on Valentine's Day weekend so why not.