- Movie Meme that's EVERYWHERE
- December 20th, 2008
1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them in a note for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDB search functions. That's cheating and it ruins the fun.
1. "Well I got news for you pal, you ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and shit, and Jack just left town."
2. "I'll cut your heart out with a spoon!!"
3. "Let's go get the shit kicked out of us by love!"
4."My story... it's exactly the same as your story, just one chapter behind. I chased a man across the Seven Seas. The pursuit cost me my crew, my commission, and my life."
5. "Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the surrey park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame. "
6. "You were young like you are now. You seemed just a little sad. I used to always wonder what you were thinking at that moment. I memorized every line, every curve. I came across time for you Sarah. I love you; I always have."
7. "O lord, he will hang upon him like a disease."
8. "The man I bought it from explained to me that, when a husband gives it to his wife, they become two halves of the same person. Nothing can separate them... not even death."
9. "Yeah? I'll tell you what. Until I get back my five thousand dollars, you're gonna get more than you bargained for. I'm your goddamn partner."
10. "You know how you're always trying to get back at your parents? Wouldn't I be excellent in that capacity?"
11. "Oh shit, we're going to get FUBARed."
12. "You happen to like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life."
13. "I have crossed oceans of time for you."
14. " We have just gotten a wake-up call from the Nintendo Generation."
15. "Go now!.. GO NOW AND LEAVE ME!"
16. "Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?"
17. " Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?"
18. " I'd be the worst possible Godfather. I'd probably drop her on her head at her christening. I'd forget all her birthdays until she was 18. Then I'd take her out and get her drunk. And, let's face it, quite possibly try and shag her. "
19. " I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave. "
20. "You know what I'd love for lunch? Fresh asparagus, then, um, pasta - angel hair pasta with heaps of basil, garlic, olive oil and, uh, apple pie. Uh, John, have you got a towel? "